Translate

Monday, November 12, 2012

Festival: Deepavali

Logged in Facebook. My home page was immersed with status commenting about the booms and pows happened last night. Well, it's Deepavali Eve. Undeniable that the fireworks and firecrackers was played incessantly, outrode the Chinese New Year Eve. 

I suddenly thought that, Deepavali actually have the
same purpose with CNY, from certain perspective.

See, Deepavali is a festival which the Hindus commemorates the death of Narakasuran, a brutal demon who wreaked havoc while CNY is initial a fight against the mythical beast called 'Nian'. This beast would appear when the new year is around the corner to eat human as well as crops and it was afraid of red colour. Therefore, RED colour is the main colour of CNY as we Chinese continue the culture. In a nutshell, both of the festivals is mainly to commemorate the vanish of demon. The difference between them is Deepavali is a religious festival yet CNY is a racial celebration.

I'm glad that my housing area is not Chinese-concentrated one. Different races of residents in my Taman let me gain lots of different festival experience.

Like the past years, today my mom, my bro and I went to my Indian neighbour's house as they invited us =D We often write "house visiting among different races and religion" as one of the method in  fostering better interpersoanl relationship with other ethnic. This is really a good way to cultivate better neighbourhood, like what i just experienced.

Eating different food which are not easy seen in the Indian restaurant, I enjoyed the unique experience. Know what, today I learnt about 2 indian dishes, one named Aviyal ( a vege curry, usually eaten with putu mayam) and another one is Rawa Tosai. Without a doubt, we also ate mutton curry and chicken curry and MURUKU~ I was so flummox when I heard that the old aunty ( my neighbour's mother) said she make all the indian crisps by using her own flour, she mill herself!! The muruku was crunchy and spiced~

Rawa Tosai
Aviyal~

Muruku
My neighbour's family is a typical Malaysian family~ The old aunt told me, her youngest son married a Malay lady, an interracial love. Besides, her grandson is going to take a Chinese wife. Their family can represent Malaysia- consisting the three main race in our country.

For me, I can never imagine what will happened if I really involved in a interracial relationship /.\
I wouldn't think that will be a good life for me HAHA         

Happy Deepavali to all Hindus =)        
Cookies and muruku from my neighbours =)

No comments:

Post a Comment